Website Bluestar Engineering LTD.
Bluestar Engineering Ltd. is a Calgary based EPCM company specializing in small to medium size oil and gas projects. We are a group of professionals who form a fully integrated, multi-disciplinary organization backed by many years of experience.
We are currently seeking a Senior Project Manager to join our team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Supervise, coordinate, assign, and monitor the work of project team while demonstrating extensive coordination of the engineering disciplines and effectively delegating tasks.
· Ensure that projects are completed to the highest standard of quality, on time, while meeting the design requirements of the client and in accordance with applicable provincial and federal regulations and HSE requirements.
· Coordinate meetings with clients to review project progress, status, concerns, workload, future projects, etc.
· Review cost, schedule and quality of projects while ensuring they are within the guidelines provided by client.
· Coordinate and attend site visits, commissioning, construction kick-off meetings, etc. when required by project/client.
· Define the project scope and key project deliverables with the client, issue and track scope changes and change orders as required.
· Administer assigned Bluestar project job numbers, billable hours, invoice approval, manpower loading, cost and schedule control, project close-out, etc.
· Review and approve equipment and construction bid packages/RFQ, PO’s, expense claims, specification deviations and scope changes.
· Participate in planning by providing original and resourceful approaches to the practical and economic solution of problems.
· Conduct direct research into new resources, products, processes, or methods, within own expertise or specialized discipline.
· Interpret and evaluate data obtained from various engineering and/or research investigations while maintaining up to date knowledge of the latest technological developments related to field of practice.
· Manage client relationships, conduct business development and prepare proposals for future projects.
· Mechanical or Chemical Engineering degree is required.
· P.Eng. designation is required.
· 10+ years of upstream/midstream oil & gas experience with EPCM companies in Alberta.
· Capable of independently managing multiple small/medium size projects (with support from other team members when required).
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Personable and able to work with a team in a multi-disciplinary environment.
· Ability to adjust to change and multitask in a fast-paced setting.
Please be advised that Bluestar Engineering Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and only applicants who are selected, will be contacted for an interview.
· Full-time, Permanent
· Semi Business Casual dress
· Company events
· Extended health care
· Dental care
· Disability insurance
· Employee assistance program
· Life insurance
· On-site gym
· Paid time off
· Vision care
· Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
· Calgary, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)