Website Bluestar Engineering LTD.
Bluestar Engineering Ltd. is a Calgary based EPCM company specializing in small to medium size oil and gas projects. We are a group of professionals who form a fully integrated multi-disciplinary organization backed by many years of experience.
We are currently looking for a Senior Process Engineer to join our team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Assist with project scoping and design basis.
· Create HYSYS models and simulations for projects.
· Will be the stamping engineer on projects (for process discipline).
· Engineering drawing development (Plot plan, PFD, P&IDs, Data Sheets, etc.).
· Equipment sizing, selection, and specification for projects.
· Mentor and teach other engineers and professionals
· Capable of creating a HYSYS simulation of any upstream and midstream oil and gas process form basics, and using a reasonable set of assumptions and experience to provide a working model.
· Knowledge of different oil and gas plays is a great asset.
· Understanding the issues that are common with different areas of oil and gas operations
· Possesses a detailed knowledge of sizing and rating parameters for a variety of equipment and unit operations, such as but not limited to:
· Dehydration Package
· Refrigeration Package
· Turbo Expander
· Condensate Stabilizer
· Amine Sweetening
· De-methanizer Tower
· De-ethanizer Tower
· De-propanizer Tower
· Mercaptan Treatment
· Propane Utility Package
· Glycol / Hot Oil Boilers
· Acid Gas Injection
· Mole Sieve
· Experienced in technical evaluation of vendor proposals for processing equipment and packages.
· Capable of contributing to a scope of work package to ensure vendors have a clear understanding of the clients’ requirements.
· Capable of ensuring that vendor supplied equipment and packages meet or exceed expectations through the drawings/documentation review process.
· Capable of providing clear and concise direction.
· Possesses the ability to teach and explain engineering concepts and best practices to junior engineers.
· Proficient in technical report writing. Capable of producing studies requested by clients, such as but not limited to:
· Flare system study
· Debottleneck study
· Shallow vs deep cut review
· Engineering assessment
· Excellent understanding of industry and regulatory standards, codes and guidelines.
· Quickly able to reference codes or standards to direct engineers to the right location to find information.
· Capable of determining emissions from drivers, gas fired equipment and stacks. Ability to use resources, experience and guidelines to provide estimated values for FEED stage project and regulatory applications.
· Chemical Engineering degree is required. Active P.Eng. designation in Alberta and/or BC is required.
· 15+ years of experience in process engineering with involvement in design, construction and project management pertaining to the oil and gas industry.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Personable and able to work with a team in a multi-disciplinary environment.
· Ability to adjust to change and multitask in a fast-paced setting. Proficiency working with HYSYS.
· Experienced in both greenfield and brownfield projects.
· Experience ensuring project designs are compliant with project goals, client and industry specifications and regulatory standards.
· Driven individual with the capacity to manage several tasks, while ensuring deadlines are met.
· Team leadership and mentorship skills History of fostering positive client relationships built on mutual trust and respect.
Please be advised that Bluestar Engineering Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and only applicants who are selected, will be contacted to schedule an interview.
· Semi Business Casual dress
· Company events
· Dental care
· Disability insurance
· Employee assistance program
· Extended health care
· Life insurance
· On-site gym
· Paid time off
· Vision care
· Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
· Calgary, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)