Website Bluestar Engineering LTD.
Bluestar Engineering Ltd. is a Calgary based EPCM company specializing in small to medium size oil and gas projects. We are a group of professionals who form a fully integrated, multi-disciplinary organization backed by many years of experience.
We are currently seeking a Junior Electrical Drafter/Designer to join our team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop 2D electrical construction drawings with the AutoCAD software suite under the supervision of the Senior Electrical Designer on assigned projects.
· Demonstrate the ability to learn and apply electrical design and drafting techniques and procedures.
· Communicate effectively with other disciplines to ensure cooperation between electrical, civil and mechanical project teams.
· Manage the requirements of multiple projects simultaneously including time management and deliverable prioritization.
· Maintain an organized filing system within each project ensuring all documentation and revision control is accurate.
· 0 to 4 years experience in the oil and gas industry drafting electrical, controls and instrumentation deliverables.
· Electrical Engineering Technology diploma is required.
· Capable AutoCAD user with a passion for learning.
· Demonstrate a strong work ethic and positive attitude in a fast paced and demanding work environment.
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
· Must possess strong written and oral English skills.
· Ability to read and interpret P&IDs and 3D modelling skills would be considered an asset.
Please be advised that Bluestar Engineering Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and only applicants who are selected will be contacted for an interview.
· Semi Business Casual dress
· Company events
· Dental care
· Disability insurance
· Employee assistance program
· Extended health care
· Life insurance
· On-site gym
· Paid time off
· Vision care
· 8 hour shift Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
· Calgary, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)