Website Bluestar Engineering LTD.
Bluestar Engineering Ltd. is a Calgary based EPCM company specializing in small to medium size oil and gas projects. We are a group of professionals who form a fully integrated, multi-disciplinary organization backed by many years of experience.
We are currently seeking a Junior Electrical Engineer to join our team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Prepare reports and technical documents under direction of Electrical Engineer, including:
· Electrical equipment and components selection, sizing, and specification.
· Cost estimates and project schedule (for I&C component).
· Procurement and expediting, as assigned.
· Design documentation and correspondence.
– Prepare electrical engineering calculations and drawings under direction of a Senior Electrical Engineer, including:
· Electrical load list.
· Single line diagram.
· Area classification.
· Cable Schedule.
· Voltage Drop.
· Lighting Calculations.
· Control Schematics.
· Arc Flash Studies.
· Device Coordination.
– Prepare construction packages, operation manuals, data books, etc. for Electrical Engineer approval.
– Arrange all project related documentation in a professional manner to ensure timely retrieval and reference.
– Act as custodian of international codes, standards and technical specifications used by their team.
– Assist in the operation and maintenance of Bluestar’s library by organizing and maintaining project related files, records, drawings and correspondence and complete suitable archiving and storage of all completed projects.
– Review work load on an on-going basis with Electrical Engineer to assess assigned work, review project progress and give/receive feedback.
– Complete and file deliverables in an orderly fashion.
– Maintain engineering hours within established project budget.
– Complete efficient, operable and fit-for-purpose design.
· Electrical Engineering degree is required.
· 0 to 4 years of experience, preferably in an EPCM setting.
· Registered as an E.I.T. with APEGA.
· Ability to adjust to change and multitask in a fast-paced setting.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Personable and able to work with a team in a multi-disciplinary environment.
· Desire to learn and develop professionally.
Please be advised that Bluestar Engineering Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and only applicants who are selected, will be contacted to schedule an interview.
· Full-time, Permanent
· Semi Business Casual dress
· Company events
· Dental care
· Disability insurance
· Employee assistance program
· Extended health care
· Life insurance
· On-site gym
· Paid time off
· Vision care
· Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
· Calgary, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
• Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)