Website Bluestar Engineering Ltd.
Bluestar Engineering Ltd. is a Calgary based EPCM company specializing in small to medium size oil and gas projects. We are a group of professionals who form a fully integrated, multi-disciplinary organization backed by many years of experience.
We are currently looking for a Civil/Structural Engineer or Engineer in Training.
Bluestar will provide excellent mentorship. While working alongside senior engineer and mentors, you will expand your academic training and professional practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assisting in the creating of detailed engineering calculations, design reports and plans
· Perform structural analysis using commercial software such as STAAD Pro, RISA or SAP
· Demonstrate a basis understanding of CSA design codes, building codes and industry standards.
· Exceptional time management, organizational skills
· Assist creating project deliverables such as engineering reports, construction/engineering work packages (CWP/EWP), drawings, specifications, data sheets, calculations, reports, evaluations, etc., on schedule and budget.
· Assisting in the coordination of activities between different project stakeholders, discipline leads, to ensure smooth project implementation.
· Provide support during construction phase, including site visits and responding to technical issues related to the design.
· Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering.
· Registered or eligible to register as an Engineer-in-Training.
· Minimum 2-4 years of experience
· Personable and able to work with a team in a multi-disciplinary environment.
· Ability to adjust to change and multitask in a fast-paced setting.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Please be advised that Bluestar Engineering Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and only applicants who are selected, will be contacted for an interview.
· Full-time, Permanent
· Semi Business Casual dress
· Company events
· Extended health care
· Dental care
· Disability insurance
· Employee assistance program
· Life insurance
· On-site gym
· Paid time off
· Vision care
· Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
· Calgary, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)