Website Bluestar Engineering LTD.
Bluestar Engineering Ltd. is a Calgary based EPCM company specializing in small to medium size oil and gas projects. We are a group of professionals who form a fully integrated multi-disciplinary organization backed by many years of experience.
We are currently looking for a Intermediate Procurement Specialist to join our team, who will be responsible for a range of procurement activities with significant independence.
Working within integrated, multi-disciplinary project teams, Procurement Specialists are relied upon for sound judgment and experience. Working under broad guidelines, Procurement Specialists provide guidance and mentoring to more junior staff. Procurement Specialists report to a Functional Lead, and are accountable to Project Leads for meeting project budget and schedule objectives. Finally, Procurement Specialists are expected to model the Company values of Safety, Accountability, Efficiency, Quality, and Flexibility, and uphold these key principles and beliefs on a day-to-day basis.
· Support project requirements.
· Manage the procurement process.
· Develop relationships with other functional groups.
· Support corporate goals and objectives.
· Represents the company professionally while enhancing and promoting the company’s values and reputation.
· Lead meetings with clients and vendors inclusive of agenda creation, meeting minutes and action lists.
· Overall project procurement.
· Prepare and issue status reports as required.
· Administer contractual agreements while managing project risks.
· Implement project-specific procurement plans.
· Prepare purchase orders for issue.
· Develop effective vendor relationships to ensure timely delivery.
· Conduct expediting of multiple multi-disciplinary procurement packages.
· 5 to 8 years of relevant industry experience, preferably in an EPCM environment.
· Experience in upstream, midstream, and downstream conventional oil and gas, heavy oil, and/or power generation/ transmission projects.
· Previous field site experience is an asset.
· Knowledge of procurement practices, standards and regulations.
· Intermediate to advanced understanding of Microsoft Office suite.
· An unwavering commitment to safety and quality.
· Strong communication skills, including verbal communication, technical business writing, electronic communication and presentation skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills, working well within a dynamic team environment, interfacing on a professional level with all co-workers.
Please be advised that Bluestar Engineering Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and only applicants who are selected, will be contacted to schedule an interview.
· Full-time, Permanent
· Company events
· Dental care
· Disability insurance
· Employee assistance program
· Extended health care
· Flexible schedule
· Life insurance
· On-site gym
· Paid time off
· Tuition reimbursement
· Vision care
· Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
· Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
· Calgary, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)