Website Bluestar Engineering LTD.
Bluestar Engineering Ltd. is a Calgary based EPCM company specializing in small to medium size oil and gas projects. We are a group of professionals who form a fully integrated multi-disciplinary organization backed by many years of experience.
We are currently looking for an Intermediate Instrumentation Technologist to join our team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create instrument data sheets, instrument index, and instrument specifications.
• Size instruments in collaboration with other disciplines (mechanical, process, etc.).
• Develop control narratives and shut down keys.
• Design and specify PLC control panels and RTU panels.
• Develop system control and communication architecture diagrams.
• Provide cost estimates for projects in conjunction with other disciplines.
• Contribute to procurement of control system equipment and instrumentation.
• Participate in client meetings to assess project demands.
• Partake in HAZOP meetings, as needed.
• Make recommendations for the best and most economical instrument/control system based on client needs.
• Act as a point of contact for other disciplines with respect to anything instrumentation/controls related.
• Review Vendor Drawings
• Interface with other disciplines
• Post-secondary diploma or degree in an appropriate field, or equivalent, is required.
• Registration with ASET or APEGA is required.
• 5+ years of relevant experience, preferably within an EPCM setting.
• Personable and able to work with a team in a multi-disciplinary environment.
• Ability to adjust to change and multitask in a fast-paced setting.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Smart Plant Instrumentation knowledge is an asset.
Please be advised that Bluestar Engineering Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and only applicants who are selected, will be contacted to schedule an interview.
• Full-time, Permanent
• Casual dress
• Company events
• Dental care
• Disability insurance
• Discounted or free food
• Employee assistance program
• Extended health care
• Flexible schedule
• Life insurance
• On-site gym
• Paid time off
• Tuition reimbursement
• Vision care
• Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
• Overtime pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
• Calgary, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
• In person