Website Bluestar Engineering LTD.
Bluestar Engineering Ltd. is a Calgary based EPCM company specializing in small to medium size oil and gas projects. We are a group of professionals who form a fully integrated multi-disciplinary organization backed by many years of experience.
We are currently seeking an Intermediate Document Controller who is eager to continue their career with our fast-paced, growing company while working alongside multiple project teams to make decisions within established guidelines.
This is a permanent, full-time position that will functionally report to a Document Control Lead and is accountable to Project Leads for meeting schedule objectives.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Review engineering documents for accuracy, adequacy, consistency, and conformance with prescribed procedures.
• Process and control engineering documents and drawings in accordance with guidelines and client requirements.
• Perform document control quality checks on engineering drawings and documents for accuracy and completion.
• Control and preserve records in an organized manner.
• Manage movement of records to and from appropriate parties.
• Assign document numbers to all deliverables.
• Work with various clients and follow their document control procedures. • Photocopy and create engineering binders based on internal or external requests.
• Transmittal creation and document submittals to clients and vendors.
• High volume document stamping for internal and external reviews.
• Track revision and code changes to engineering drawings and documents throughout their lifecycle.
• Prepare drawing packages for client receipt by splitting and renaming electronic files.
• Assist and train Junior Document Controller(s), as needed.
• Technical diploma in records management or equivalent is preferred.
• 3-8 years of experience in document control, ideally in an EPCM setting.
• Experience in upstream, midstream, and downstream conventional oil and gas, heavy oil, and/or power generation/ transmission projects, with previous field site experience being an asset.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Exceptional prioritization and organization skills.
• Ability to adjust to change and multitask in a fast-paced setting.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills with the willingness and ability to work within a dynamic team environment.
Please be advised that Bluestar Engineering Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and only applicants who are selected, will be contacted to schedule an interview.
• Company events
• Dental care
• Disability insurance
• Employee assistance program
• Extended health care
• Flexible schedule
• Life insurance
• On-site gym
• Paid time off
• Tuition reimbursement
• Vision care
• Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
• Calgary, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)